Maven is an end-to-end solution provider in the pipeline monitoring domain. Maven's solution is a wireless pipeline monitoring system that works on GPRS / 3G / Wi-Fi / Ethernet technology. A mesh network deployed on the field, along with repeaters, give Maven's solution an edge over conventional solutions in the field. The data that Maven provides is not only used to make informed business decisions, but to also pinpoint faulty control stations, and thus helps on saving the operational costs. As there are no wires involved, the installation and maintenance cost is also as low as possible.
- No additional wiring cost for communication. No cost for maintenance of the wires, or the solution itself.
- Reduce maintenance and operational cost.
- Scalable and suitable for long pipe length and larger area coverage.
- Single SIM card prevents recurring cost.
- Raw data available to make informed business decisions.
- Customized solutions are available as per requirement from design to delivery for OEMs.
- WiART module with long range: up to 5 KMs line of sight (LoS).
- Repeater functionality allows effective range of hundreds of Kms.
- No changes needed to existing instrumentation.
- Centralized cloud based application for monitoring and control of,
Multi user, multi-site and multi-level access support.
Easy integration with your existing IT software system.
Scalable for future expansions.
- Nodal data loggers
How it works?
- WiART series of low power radio frequency modules (LPRF) connected with pipeline data logger over serial port to make it wireless.
- WiART module connected to data logger will communicate with data concentrator unit placed in field station room or control room over RF.
- The communication between WiART and DCU will form a mesh network.
- Data concentrator unit communicates with WiART near to wind data logger over LPRF and communicates with the cloud server over GPRS network.
- One data concentrator unit support up to 300 WiART -LPRF nodes and supports up to 50 hops for large area coverage.
||Maven's WiART based solution
||Hundreds of kilometers of wires or GPRS connectivity at each control station.
||No wires needed and a small number of GPRS enabled gateways.
||Completely dependent on GPRS
||WiART forms a long range, robust network to transfer data till GPRS enabled gateway.
||Manual intervention needed to detect and fix problems.
||Remote monitoring, and pinpoint to faulty control stations.
||Mesh network with repeaters.
|Old site upgrade
||Very costly, as entire hardware has to be changed.
||Firmware upgrade takes place over-the-air (OTA). In case the module is not working, the entire hardware needs not be changed, only a new WiART module has to be installed.
|Cost of network
||High installation cost for wiring and change of hardware. High operational cost due to GPRS connection on each control station. High maintenance cost for repairing wires.
||Low installation cost as WiART module has to be only installed. Low operational cost as limited number of GPRS gateways are needed. Low maintenance cost as no wires are needed for the solution.
- What if any WiART modules fail in between?
- A. The WiART module is enabled with mesh network routing algorithm, while communicating with other module it transmits the data as well as hopes the data. If any node is failed, it routes the communication path and sends data to DCU as well as reports the fail node information to DCU.
- Q. Does wireless communication affected by environmental or bad weather conditions?
- A. No, WiART LPRF module can communicate in heavy rain / fog or other environmental conditions.
- Q. What is the range and reach of WiART?
- A. The range of WiART module is from 100 meters to 5 Kms line of sight and its reach is 300 modules, which communicates in mesh network.
- Q. How can I connect WiART module to data logger or PLC controller?
- A. WiART module communicates with different ports like RS 232 / RS 485 / TTL. It supports different types of data loggers or PLC controllers, which communicates over serial / RS 485 port.
- Q. Can I get the alert, in emergency situations or any failure?
- A. Yes, the WiART module connected to data logger will report to DCU and DCU will send the SMS / email to pre-configured number/ email address.
- Q. Where I can install the WiART module to avoid huge wiring?
- A. In between data logger or controller of pipeline installed at regular intervals or as per field design to control room.